Dress Code for All Classes
Ballet- Students require split sole pink ballet shoes. Students will need pink or tan ballet tights and a black leotard. A separate ballet skirt is required.
Tap- Students require tan buckled Mary Jane tap shoes. Students may wear any combination of leotards, dance shorts, or leggings. If wearing dance shorts -MUST wear tights
Girly Jazz Hip Hop- Students require tan split soled slip- on jazz shoes. Students may wear any combination of leotards, tanks, dance shorts or leggings. If wearing dance shorts, MUST wear tights!
Lyrical/Modern/contemporary- Students wear bare feet. Student may wear any combination of leotards, dance shorts or leggings. If wearing dance shorts, MUST wear FOOTLESS Tights.
Acrobatics/ Kartwheels and Kidz Pop- Students require black acro/gymnastic shoe. Students may wear any combination of biketards, leotards, dance shorts or leggings. If wearing biketard or dance shorts, MUST wear tights.
Hoop Dance- Students require tan split soled slip-on jazz Shoes. Students may wear any combination of leotards, dance shorts or leggings. If wearing dance shorts, MUST wear tights.
Preschool and KinderCombo- Students require pink leather ballet shoes and Velcro tap shoes. pink or black leotard, ballet Skirt attached or not attached. solid color tights. Dance Bag and please label all shoes. Velcro tap shoes our style not available at Payless
Tutus and Tiaras-Mini Series- Students require pink leather ballet shoes. pink or black leotard, ballet skirt Attached or not Attached, solid color tights.
Parkway Dance believes that dressing like a dancer is an important part of the dance class experience.
One would not show up at baseball practice with basketball shoes, a basketball jersey and a basketball, Right??!!!
Additional Fun Facts about Dress Code
Common Dress Code Blunders
1. Always wear tights! Even on warm days! Again, the catcher still has to wear all that hot catcher gear,even in the blazing sun!
2. No bracelets, necklaces or jewelry in the classroom. Dancers dazzle enough without bling accessories!
3. Dance Shoes- Before coming to class check, did we pack our dance bag? Again, showing up at the at the baseball game without your glove and cleats will cause you to benched! Same situation for dance class!
4. Hair In a Ponytail or Bun- Hair is a huge distraction for dancers when turning and flipping upside down! Ouch, it even sometimes gets stepped on!
5. Names on Dance Shoes - The lone shoe left behind. Help us solve the mystery by putting a name in it
PS. Not a dress code thing, but please leave toys and stuffed animals at home.